Girl Scout Week 2018
GSHOM on 02/27/2018
It's almost that special time of year again: Girl Scout Week! The week-long tradition begins with Girl Scout Sunday and ends with Girl Scout Sabbath on a Saturday, and it always includes Girl Scouts' birthday, March 12th.
This year will be so much fun! We have activities for you to do every day of the week, either on your own or with your troop. This is also a great time to wear all of your awesome Girl Scout gear: t-shirts, earrings, and of course, your uniform.
But wait - there's even more! To celebrate this amazing tradition, our Girl Scouts Heart of Michigan retail shops are offering 20% off your entire purchase* during Girl Scout Week! This special offer is valid in-stores only. All you need to do is stop by the shop to get this great deal!
*Excludes Troop T-shirts and earned recognitions
Sunday, March 11th: Girl Scout Sunday
• Wear your Girl Scout uniform and take part in a religious service.
• Lead a Girl Scout grace with your family.
• Earn the My Promise, My Faith Award.
Monday, March 12th: Happy Birthday, Girl Scouts!
• Make a delicious birthday cake for Girl Scouts’ 106th birthday!
• Learn more about Girl Scout history and our founder, Juliette Gordon Low story.
• Watch the Golden Eaglet.
Tuesday, March 13th: Be a Go-Getter and Take Action!
• Give back to your troop’s meeting location with a clean-up or beautification project.
• Volunteer at a local shelter.
• Donate to a local food pantry.
Wednesday, March 14th: Be an Innovator and Explore STEM!
• Check out your Girls Guide to Girl Scouting and pick out a badge activity to do today.
• Turn your kitchen into a laboratory with a food science activity! Check out our Pinterest page for inspiration.
• Use your resources wisely with an up-cycling project. Create something new out of recycled materials.
Thursday, March 15th: Be a Risk-Taker and Step Out(side) of Your Comfort Zone!
• Get outside today! Play games, go geocaching, go on a hike, or have another outdoor adventure.
• Grab a friend and register for Girl Scout Camp.
• Explore Girl Scout Destinations – the ultimate adventure for girls ages 11 and older.
Friday, March 15th: Be a Leader and Show Your Girl Scout Spirit
• Wear your Girl Scout gear to school or work.
• Make up a song to share your Girl Scout message.
• Hang a Girl Scout poster at your work or school.
Saturday, March 17th: Girl Scout Sabbath
• Commit two random acts of kindness.
• Conduct a Girl Scout speech during a religious service.
• Lead a Girl Scout prayer during a religious service.