G.I.R.L. 2017 National Convention
The time is now to give girls and young women the tools to empower themselves for a lifetime of leadership, connect and share ideas with one another in friendship, and act together in true team spirit to let the world know girls can make awesome, game-changing things happen.
Every three years, Girl Scouts gather together at the National Council Session (NCS) and Convention to do these things and more! Our 2017 National Council Session/54th Convention promises to honor our cherished traditions and, at the same time, propel the Movement forward for girls and young women.
From October 4–8, 2017, you can join your fellow Girl Scouts as we come together to celebrate girls in a big, big way. From educational sessions to inspiring speakers, and tons of one-of-a-kind FUN, this is the girl-power event of the year. You don’t want to miss it!
We're looking for a few Girl Scouts to serve as our council's delegates at the 2017 National Girl Scout Session in Columbus, Ohio. As a Delegate, you help determine how Girl Scouts' future will look!
Want additional information? Check out GSUSA's Convention page too!
Who can be a National Council Delegate?
All Girl Scout members aged 14 and older! Yes, adults too!
As a National Council Delegate you'll:
- Attend orientation, training, and at least one additional meeting prior to the convention.
- Attend full convention, October 4–8, 2017 in Columbus, Ohio.
- Serve as a National Council Delegate for the three years and participate in occasional National Meetings via teleconference during that period.
- Serve on the Girl Scouts Heart of Michigan Member Advisory Committee (MAC) for three years.
- Report on the convention to the Girl Scouts Heart of Michigan membership.
*full responsibilities listed in Delegate Requirements & Role
How do I apply?!
Complete the Delegate Application, with a letter of reference, and resume/short bio by January 31, 2017. Contact information is within the Delegate Application. Top candidates will be selected and interviewed, and the Board of Trustees will elect/approve delegates at their March meeting.
Forms listed on this page: